I used to recruit informants for the police which meant very often, I was able to tell my wife,
"Sorry, I can't talk right now, I'm with a drug dealer in a hotel room".
The weird thing is, she always answered with,
"OK, call me when you've finished"
Hey there, I'm Andrew Holland.
I'm a 41 year old content writer and SEO guy who is steadily developing an addiction for buying domain names and never using them.
I am also a Father of dragons, breaker of wine glasses and drinker of beer...too much beer.
And with that out of the way, I would like to give you a huge thunderous welcome to the little party that I call Copy Warfare.
Copy because we talk about copywriting here.
Warfare because it is like a battleground out there and we need to use words like weapons of mass attention.
We don't talk about video marketing here or graphic design.
No, this is a blog about words that work.
And it is my job to serve you up a superb copywriting case study, example or tactic each and every week.
The key thing is that everything I am going to write about will be super practical.
So you can use them to make sales, get more leads, wow the boss and maybe one day live like a King or Queen.
So what's my background?
For my day job, I run a boutique content marketing agency out of an old police station in Newcastle-under-Lyme in dainty Little Britain. I say content marketing because it covers all bases. SEO, copywriting, email marketing and so on.
My bragging rights?
Well, I have driven over 2 million people to websites. I even did some video marketing that gained over 19 million video views for clients.
In my past life, I was a police officer for 17 years, but my career was cut short because I developed chronic, kill you on the spot, hate the cold kind of Asthma.
Believe it or not, it turns out that criminals won't stop running so you can have a blast on your inhaler, scoundrels.
OK, before you go, here are some random facts about me.
And because I can, I am going to break the copywriting rule book and say I, I, I in every bullet point.
- I once spent 3 hours sitting in a bush trying to watch a drug dealers house...in the rain.
- I used to recruit informants which meant very often, I was able to tell my wife "Sorry, I can't talk, I am with a drug dealer in a hotel room" and both be telling the truth and not get my nuts chopped off when I got home.
- I am a black belt in Judo and also boxed for years (my bent nose proves it)
- I have spent over £30,000 on online courses (don't tell the Mrs).
- I got hired to be the marketing trainer for my local Chambers of Commerce despite having no marketing background or qualifications (true story).
- I delivered my first-ever pitch to a 7 figure high street brand by haggling my way into their head office. Yes, I am that cheeky but I didn't win the pitch.
So, that's enough about me.
Make sure YOU subscribe to this blog, and we can be best buds, BFF's, tag team partners, thunder buddies and I truly want you to do a big Flash jump every time you receive an email from me.
(No idea what a Flash jump is? Google it and thank me later).
That's it. I am tapping out of writing this about page.